- Cooking Time: 4 1/4 hours + standing
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (26 ounces) herb and garlic pasta sauce
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce; heat through. In a large bowl, combine the mozzarella and ricotta cheeses, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 2. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in an oval 3-qt. slow cooker. Break one lasagna noodle into three pieces. Layer 1-1/3 noodles, 2/3 cup meat sauce and 1 cup cheese mixture in slow cooker. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining sauce.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.