Slow-Cooker Pork Loin with Apples, Onion and Cabbage
- Cooking Time: 4-8 hours
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pork loin, 2-3 lbs.
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rounds
- 1 large green apple, cored and sliced
- 1/2 red cabbage, sliced (about two cups)
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 Tbls. Mesquite grill seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Trim any fat from the pork and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season all sides with salt, pepper, and mesquite seasoning.
- Layer onions, apples, and cabbage in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place pork on top.
- Pour in cider and vinegar.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, or on high heat for 3-4 hours.
It was a cooold and snowy weekend here in Michigan, so I stayed in and cooked the entire time! Sunday night I put this dish together in all of ten minutes, and threw it into the fridge. First thing in the morning I hooked up the crockpot and went out to face the frigid weather. There is nothing better than coming home from work on Monday evenings to find dinner waiting for you!