Slow Cooker Upside-Down Chicken Pot Pie
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon instant chopped onion
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (18 oz) chicken gravy
- 2 medium celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 bag (1 lb) Green Giant® frozen mixed vegetables
- Place chicken in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Top with onion, bay leaf, pepper and gravy. Place celery on gravy.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, make and bake 8 biscuits using Bisquick mix and milk as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, gently stir frozen vegetables into chicken mixture. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- For each serving, split biscuit and place in soup bowl or tart pan. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture on top of biscuit.
- Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
- Stir 1/4 cup white wine into the chicken mixture, and bake frozen puff pastry shells in place of the biscuits for an elegant twist.