Smashed Potatoes and Cream Cheese (Rachael Ray)
- 2 1/2 pounds small red potatoes or baby Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or whole milk
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese or veggie cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 10 chives or 2 scallions, chopped or snipped with kitchen scissors
- Salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes until tender, 15 minutes.
- When the potatoes are tender, drain them
- and return them to the hot pot to let them dry out a bit.
- Mash potatoes with half-and-half or milk using a potato masher.
- Add in the cream cheese and smash until the cheese melts into the potatoes.
- Then add chives and scallions and season with salt and pepper, to your taste.