Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the PB Filling:
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter (mine was slightly chilled)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- For the Cinnamon Sugar:
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, the baking soda, the baking powder, and the salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy. Add the sugars and beat until smooth. Add the egg and mix well. Add the milk and the vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling until all well incorporated. Set aside.
- Stir together the cinnamon sugar. Set aside.
- Grease hands with oil. Scoop tablespoonfuls into your pal and flatten. If done correctly, the dough should not be sticky. Ball a little (1/4 tsp maybe?) filling into your flattened dough and use the cookie dough to cover the filling, like you would if you were wrapping a dumpling. Round up the balls of dough and roll them into the cinnamon sugar until well coated. Place dough balls onto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving several inches between for expansion. It is not necessary to flatten these cookies, they flatted fine on their own I think. Though if you put too much filling, your cookies will look like they a malignant tumor. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not over bake. Cookies may appear to be underdone, but they are not. Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely. Enjoy!