Smoked B B Q Baby Back Ribs
- Cooking Time: 480
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 25
- 5 pounds baby back pork ribs
- 1/2 gallon apple juice
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 cups barbeque sauce
- Prepare charcoal in a smoker, and bring the temperature to 225 degrees F.
- Cut the ribs into smaller portions of 3 or 4 ribs, and place them in a large pot. Pour in enough apple juice to cover. Place a lid on the pot and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Lightly oil the grate in your smoker. Place ribs on the grate, and throw a few cloves of garlic onto the hot coals. Close the smoker. Maintain the temperature at 225 degrees F by adding more charcoal as needed. Smoke the ribs for 7 hours, adding more garlic cloves to the coals occasionally.
- Make a sauce by mixing together the barbeque sauce with 2 cups of the apple juice from the pot. Season with granulated garlic. Baste ribs with this sauce while continuing to cook for another 30 minutes.
- PREP TIME 25 Min
- COOK TIME 8 Hrs
- SERVINGS 5
My hubby got us a smoker...OH BOY! A new way to cook without heating up the oven!! Takes a long time to cook, giving it the smoke time to do it's job, and to make the meat tender. Great smoky tasting dishes.These are to die for ribs you will want to serve to guests, to show off your cooking ability.