- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time: 20
- • 200g milk chocolate
- • 2 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- • 3 tbsp double cream
- • 50g cake crumbs
- • 5 tbsp Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Icing Sugar
- • Edible glitter or tiny stars to decorate
- 1. Break the chocolate and place in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Leave until melted, add the Lyle’s Golden Syrup and stir until smooth. Remove the bowl from the pan.
- 2. Stir in the cream and cake crumbs and mix well. Put in the fridge for about 1-2 hours until the mixture is stiff enough to handle.
- 3. To make into truffles, scoop out about 1 heaped teaspoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Place on a plate and repeat until you have about 20 truffles.
- 4. Put your chosen finish into a teacup, then toss each truffle to coat evenly and carefully lift out into a paper cases. Return to the refrigerator to chill.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days
- Variation: use 200g good quality white chocolate (eg Green and Blacks) and add 50g chopped glace cherries
- Tip: when making plain cupcakes, save two in the freezer to make cake crumbs.
- Tip: look out for edible glitter or stars, Lakeland, Squires and Cake Craft World are good sources for fun cake decorations.
- If you cannot find sparkly decorations the truffles can be coated in sieved Tate and Lyle Fairtrade Icing sugar