Somebody's Mother's Mother's Pie Crust
- Cooking Time: n/a
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbs ice water
- Sift the flour with the salt into a bowl.
- With a pastry blender or the fingertips, blend the butter into the flour and salt mixture. Stir in the egg yolk and water.
- Form the pastry into a ball. Wrap it in wax paper and chill for two hours. Knead the pastry for one minute or until it holds together.
- Roll on lightly floured board and fit the pastry into 9" pie plate. You will have enough to use for stripping or ad added strip around the edge.