- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 # ground beef, turkey or chicken (I use a combination of ground white meat turkey and ground dark meat turkey)
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (16oz.) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5oz.) cans Rotel tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14oz.) can beef broth
- 2 c. frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar
- Brown ground meat, onion and garlic in a large soup pot over medium high heat, stirring often until meat is fully cooked and onions are soft (if using ground beef, drain off the grease).
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce to low and simmer at least 30 minutes (preferably 1 hour).
- Serve with fresh cilantro and sour cream.