Spanish Red Rice
- Cooking Time: 22
- Servings: about 5 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1T Veg. oil
- 1 clove of garlic (smashed)
- 1C. White long grain rice
- 1 8oz. can of tomato sauce.
- 2 1/4 C. Water or Chicken broth.
- Chicken bouillon to taste (about 2 tablespoons or so depending on how you like it.)
- Black Pepper to tast ( if you like)
- Chopped Cilantro (about 1 to 2 tablespoons)
- Take a medium sized pot and heat it over a medium flame add the oil and garlic.
- Once the oil is warm add the rice and let it brown. Keep stiring the rice constantly so that it will brown evenly and will not burn. If it browns to quick or burns lower your heat or flame. let if brown lightly and evenly
- Stir in the can of tomato sauce and the water or chicken broth.
- add the chicken bouillon and pepper to your liking
- add cilantro.
- Let it come to a slight boil then cover with lid and lower the heat to just a simmer.
- Simmer for 20 min.
- The rice should be cooked and then enjoy.