Sparkling Pink Pear Lemonade Slushee
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves in extra-light syrup or juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate or cranberry juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) lemon-lime soda
- Place the can of pears in a freezer; freeze until solid, at least 3 hours, or up to several days. Scoop the frozen pears from the can, and purée with the pomegranate juice and the lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Stir in the soda and serve immediately.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 110; Total fat 0g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 15mg; Total carbohydrate 27g; Fiber 2g; Protein 1g; Vitamin A 0%DV*; Vitamin C 15%DV; Calcium 2%DV; Iron 2%DV
- *Daily Value
This quick and easy fruit treat is made easily by keeping a can of pears in the freezer. There’s no danger of the can bursting, and freezing makes the pears instantly ready to purée with some juice and soda. The result: a nutritious and delicious frosty slush. This fruit slushee is ideal when a summer heat blast wilts the little ones, and delightful any time you (or your kids) want a refreshing break. Leftovers can be refrozen and scooped as an Italian ice.