Spice Rub and Mop for Grilled Spice Rub Steaks
- Servings: coats approx 5lbs steak
- Spice Rub and Mop for Grilled Spice Rub Steaks
- For dry rub
- * 1/2 cup paprika
- * 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- * 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- * 3 tablespoons sugar
- * 2 tablespoons chili powder
- For mop
- * 12 ounces beer
- * 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- * 1/2 cup water
- * 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- * 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- * 2 tablespoons minced jalapeño chilies (optional)
- - Show quoted text -
- I usually coat the steaks (Tri Tips about the size of cubes of butter work great) the day before grilling.
- Baste steaks with mop as they grill. Grill to personal taste. We like ours medium rare.
- Great served with grilled asparagus (lightly cover in olive oil then toss with fresh lemon and salt)
- Note: this is a kid friendly recipe - kids love it!