Spiced Peach Preserves
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 6 c. ripe fresh peaches, peeled and pitted
- 1 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 4 oz. liquid fruit pectin
- 1. In large pot, combine peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Over medium high heat, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Let boil for 15 minutes, or until peaches have been crushed into smaller pieces.
- 2. Turn heat up to high and bring to rolling boil. Add fruit pectin, stirring constantly, and bring back to a rolling boil. Let boil for one full minute, stirring constantly, until starting to thicken.
- 3. Remove from heat, skim foam from top, and ladle into prepared jars.
- 4. If canning, fill jars with preserves, leaving 1/4-inch head room, and boil for 10 minutes to prepare. May be stored for up to a year.
- 5. If not canning, pour into jars, seal and let cool completely. Place in refrigerator and enjoy for up to two weeks.