Spicy Tuna Ghetto Sushi Bowl
- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 Can Chunk light tuna in water
- 1/2 tsp Toasted sesame oil
- Chopped red onion (your discretion)
- 1/2 Chopped avocado** (optional)
- 1/2 Carrot julienned or 1/4 Cup of Shredded carrots
- 1/4 Cup of diced green onions
- 1/4 Cup of julienned cucumbers
- 1 tbl Light Mayo or Smart Start Mayo (only 10 calories per serving)
- 1 tsp of Masago or Salmon roe (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Sriracha Chili (Asian hot sauce, depending on your threshold of heat use sparingly)
- Shredded Nori or 3 sheets of Nori julienned (dried seaweed)
- 1/4 of a Lime juice
- Instant Japanese Rice or 1/4 Cup Japonica* (sticky rice)
- Black sesame seeds (optional)
- Nanami Togarashi & Tarako Furikake (Japanese seasoning, optional) to taste.
- Squirt of Gourmet Garden Ginger Blend (tube of flavors in the produce section) or pickled ginger
- Soy Sauce or Ponzu
- **All ingredients can be found in the Asian section of your local supermarket or online**
- 1. In a a separate bowl add drained Tuna, mayo, chopped red onion, sriracha, masago, lime juice Nanami Togarashi & Tarako Furikake.
- 2. Microwave instant rice for 1 minute, or use Japonica read instructions*
- 3. Add rice to a high bowl, top with julienned carrots, cucumbers, green onions, avocados**, add tuna on top & nori.
- 4. Sprinkle sesame seeds, top with 1/2 tsp Masago, ginger & soy sauce.
- * Japonica sushi grade sticky rice requires A LOT of care. This is not like regular long grain rice so please keep your eye on it, try to find the instant version.
- ** To keep avocado from browning squeeze lime juice to it, it also adds tons of flavor to your sushi bowl