Lunchbox Spinach Quinoa Bake
- Cooking Time: 60-70 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 large bag baby spinach, leaves picked and chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 1 cup uncooked quinoa), made according to package directions
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat an 8-by-8-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with a bit of olive oil.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a medium saute pan.
- Add onion, mushrooms, zucchini, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and red-pepper flakes, and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add spinach, quinoa, cottage cheese, salt, pepper, and eggs to the onion mixture, and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, and place in the oven.
- Bake until set and edges are brown, 60 to 70 minutes.
- Slice, and serve warm, with hot sauce and sour cream.