Splenda Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Splenda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk powder
- 2 Tablespoons warm water
- Cream the butter, eggs and vanilla extract. Add in the Splenda and continue to blend until evenly incorporated.
- Separately mix the flour, salt, baking powder and milk powder. In thirds, gently add in the dry flour mix into the creamed butter mixture.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and once all is evenly mixed, there should be a dough. If the mixture is still too dry, add in warm water one tablespoon at a time until the dough is more consistent.
- Place dough on sheet of plastic wrap, wrap well and chill for about 30 minutes.
- After chilling, roll dough out to 1/4 in thickness and cut out shapes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and bake on parchment paper or greased cookie sheet for about 8 minutes. The bottoms of these cookies will brown slightly
These are delicious and perfect for Holiday decorating! Make icing with Splenda and pipe designs and messages to your family and friends Tips: Sprinkle Splenda through a sifter over the unbaked cookies for an extra bit of sweetness. Use Splenda and not the Splenda/sugar mix for this recipe. Purchase one 1/4 inch round dowel at your hardware store and cut in half. Be sure to sand the ends then, clean off any debris. Use these dowels when you roll out the cookies. Place the dough between the dowels and roll out the dough until your rolling pin hits the dowels. Then, you're at 1/4 inch!!