- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- * 3 Figs
- * 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- * 1 Mesclun Lettuce (bag)
- * 1/2 Garlic (cloves)
- * 1 Baguette
- * 10 tablespoons Goat cheese
- * 3 tablespoons Balsamic - aged
- * 1/4 ounces Brown sugar
- * 1 cups Basil (fresh)
- * 4 tablespoons Parmigianno cheese
- Salad is the perfect start for a break-up meal because it's light. Heavy dishes make us lethargic. "One more night" turns into a week, a week into a year, and before you know it you've got three beta rugrats screeching for their Ritalin Rigatoni, and you've lost control of your life and the remote—not good.
- For the pesto: toast pine nuts in a pan over med-high heat for 5-10 minutes (until they become fragrant). Toss them into the food processor with the basil, garlic, parmigianno regiano cheese. Slowly stream in 1/4 cup of good extra virgin olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- In a big bowl, mix mesclun lettuce with pesto. Set aside
- In a pan, reduce the balsamic vinegar with a pinch of brown sugar until it looks syrupy and sticks to your spoon.
- Place the salad in Asian take-out cartons, which whisper: "I'm playful... now get the fuck out." Top with figs, slices of toasted baguette smothered in goat cheese, and drizzle with the balsamic reduction.