Squids Lethriana from Smyrna
- 1 kg small squids
- 2 medium unions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 ripe tomatoes peeled cut in small cubes
- 1 c olive oil
- 1/2 c dry white whine
- 4 drips tabasco ( more if you like hot)
- 1 c green olives sliced
- 1 ts each, paprika,salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon sliced ( for garnish)
- 1 bunch of parsley ( for garnish)
- Heat oil on low in a deep frying pan and saute union and garlic till soft ( ca 8 min ), add squids and whine , close lid and cook for 15 min on low heat.
- Add tomatoes , bayleaves , salt, white pepper and paprika, cook for another 20 min.
- Add olives, tabasco and cook for 12 min more.
- Serve hot, garnish with lemon slices and parsley, with bread to dip in sauce.