Steak and Shrimp
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- 4 (8-ounce) New York strip sirloin steaks
- Steak seasoning
- 8 ounces clarified butter
- 12 raw shrimp, skewered (3 on each skewer)
- 16 ounces raw French fries
- 4 lemon wedges, for garnish
- Preheat a grill to high. Alternatively, preheat a broiler to high. Season the steaks liberally with the steak seasoning on both sides. Cook the steaks over high heat to order: about 2 minutes on each side for rare, 2 1/2 minutes on each side for medium-rare, 3 1/2 minutes on each side for medium, and 4 1/2 minutes on each side for medium well. Halfway through the cooking time on each side, turn each steak 45 degrees to make grill marks.
- Add half the clarified butter to a large skillet and heat over high heat. Add the shrimp skewers and cook the shrimp on both sides until they are opaque throughout, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Fill a deep fryer with oil and heat it to 350 degrees F. Alternatively, heat oil in a large, heavy Dutch oven to 350 degrees F; do not fill pan more than halfway full with oil. Drop the fries into the fryer and cook until they are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain and season the fries with salt.
- To serve, place 1 steak on a plate, top the steak with skewered shrimp, and add some French fries. Garnish with a lemon wedge and serve with a small dish of clarified butter on the side. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.