Steamed Mussels with Thai Herbs
- 2-3 lbs. mussels, cleaned and beards removed
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 lemongrass stalks, finely chopped
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 2 red chilis, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juce
- 2 green onions for garnish, chopped
- Cilantro for garnish
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- 1. Place all ingredients, except for green onions into a large saucepan and stir thoroughly.
- 2. Cover the saucepan and steam for 5-7 minutes. Shake or stir the saucepan occasionally, until the mussels open.
- 3. Discard any mussels that does not open.
- 4. Tranfer the opened mussels to a plate.
- 5. Garnish the mussels with green onions and cilantro leaves and/or lemon wedges.
- Serve immediately.