- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken, cut in strips
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- In a medium bowl combine garlic, soy sauce, water, 1 Tblsp. vegetable oil, cornstarch and pepper. Stir chicken into marinade and mix to coat each piece. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, stirring once or twice.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat remaining oil over high heat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to skillet, reserve marinade. Stir-fry over high heat about 5 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add reserved marinade to chicken. Continue to cook and stir about 30 seconds until thickened and chicken is coated. Remove to platter. Garnish with scallions and serve with snow peas if desired.