Strawberries and Cream Muffins
- Cooking Time: 17-20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cup sliced, fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.; line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 1 3/4 cups of the flour, the baking powder, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the salt, cardamom and orange peel; set aside.
- Toss the sliced strawberries with the remaining 1/4 cup flour. Mix the cream, egg, butter and vanilla together in a small bowl or measuring cup. Add the strawberries and the cream mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed...batter will be lumpy...don't over mix.
- With a cookie scoop, divide the batter among the muffin cups. Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the batter. Bake the muffins for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Serve warm.