Strawberry, Lavender & Honey Freezer Jam
- 4 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup good quality honey (My kind had a bit of honeycomb still in it, yum)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 oz. dried lavender or 1-2 Sprigs, fresh lavender
- 1 packet Fruit Jell - Freezer Jam Pectin
- 5 jam containers, ready to use (They sell specialty Freezer Jam Jars, I believe by the same manufacturer, with cute purple tops.)
- In a large bowl, crush strawberries until only small pieces remain and mixture is quite liquid. This takes several minutes for me, using a makeshift 'masher'. Set aside
- If desired, rehydrate lavender by adding a small amount of water in a bowl to your lavender. Stir and let sit for a minute. Drain, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix Pectin and sugar together until incorporated. Add to mashed strawberries. Add honey (microwaving if necessary to get it thin enough to pour). Stir for 3 minutes. Add lavender and lightly stir.
- 4. Ladle into clean jam jars, leaving 1/2" space at the top. Cap and let sit for 30 minutes. Store in your freezer until ready to use, or transfer to fridge and eat!