- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 cups cold sparkling water or club soda
- Mint sprigs, garnish
- Whole strawberries, garnish
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the lemon peel and lemon juice, stir, and remove from the heat.
- Let cool completely, then strain into a clean pitcher.
- In a blender, puree the pint of strawberries and add to the pitcher with the lemon juice.
- Stir well to combine and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Add the sparkling water and stir well.
- Pour over glasses filled with ice and serve, garnished with mint and strawberries.