Strawberry Persimmon Crisp
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 3 fresh persimmons
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and coat a 13×9 inch baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- Rinse strawberries and remove tops. Cut into halves or quarters if large and place in prepared baking dish. Cut persimmons in half and scoop flesh into a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth and add persimmon puree to baking dish. Toss puree and strawberries with sugar and flour. Spread strawberry mixture into an even layer.
- In a clean food processing cup, combine flour and butter. Pulse several times until butter is in pea-sized clumps. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse until combined. Sprinkle topping mixture over strawberries.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream if desired