Succotash with Ham
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4-5
- Preparation Time: 5
- 3 ears Corn, blanched 5min in boiling water, cut from cob
- 1 Vidalia Onion
- 1 stalk Celery
- 1 green Bell Pepper
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 8oz or so cubed smoked Ham
- 1 can Butter Beans w/liquid
- Salt & Pepper
- add'l liquid (water, milk, or veggie or chicken stock) as needed
- * Melt butter over medium heat in Dutch oven.
- * Add corn, onion, celery, pepper, garlic and ham. Saute til veggies begin to wilt and carmelize and ham may slightly brown; add more butter as needed so as not to scorch.
- * Add beans and liquid from can. Season to taste w/peppers and salt; stir frequently and cook 15-20min, adding add'l liquid if needed so as not to scorch.
- * I served w/shrimps sautéd in butter, wine, bay and GOOD bottled cocktail sauce (I used Lighthouse from Buffalo NY)- place right atop servings of succotash.
I hate lima beans. I dunno why, I just do. I used to pick them out of my food when I was a kid, and I taught my cat to eat them. That cat was kinda nuts- he used to drag Doritos into the corner and kill them before eating them, growling the entire time. So anyway, I make mine with butter beans instead.