Summer Focaccia Basil Salad
- Servings: 8
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 2 loaves focaccia bread - cut into rectangles
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup variety cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups cucumber - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup crumbled parmesan
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large serving bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, garlic, basil, thyme, and mozzarella.
- Add enough olive oil and vinegar to lightly coat, and then toss.
- Garnish with mint.
- Cut focaccia loaves into soldiers and toast until cut sides are golden brown.
- Serve in a large bread basket.
- Place a desired number of bread soldiers in the bottom of an individual salad bowl, sprinkle with olive oil and vinegar to taste.
- Spoon salad over bread and serve with parmesan and blue cheese on the side.