Summer Shrimp Salad
- Servings: 6
- 1 pound frozen, fully cooked medium shrimp, thawed
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups watermelon, roughly chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 avocados, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, onion, watermelon, jalapeños, and avocado.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, oil, salt, and pepper. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad; toss.
- 3. Sprinkle with the cilantro. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.