Summer Squash Saute
- 1 large or 2 small summer squash, sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 of an onion, sliced thin
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 tomato, chopped
- fresh basil or thyme
- feta or goat cheese
- In saute pan over medium heat, cook onion in olive oil till soft, about 5 minutes.
- Shred carrot into pan, continuing to cook.
- Add tomato and squash, season with salt and pepper.
- Add some water to the pan (just enough to cover the bottom, so the squash has some liquid to absorb), cover, reduce heat, and cook until squash is done.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and cheese.