Sunny's Rosemary T-bone Steaks
- Servings: 4
- For the steaks
- 4 T -bone steaks, 1½ inches thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (hickory or mesquite)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, cut in half
- For the rosemary butter
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1. Season the steaks. Arrange the steaks in a dish, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper on each side, sprinkle evenly with liquid smoke, and drizzle with the oil. Nestle the rosemary beneath the steaks and let them rest on the counter at room temperature for 2 hours, turning them halfway through to infuse both sides with the rosemary.
- 2. Make the rosemary butter. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the butter and salt. Stir to dissolve the salt, then add the garlic and rosemary. Continue cooking over low heat until the butter is fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and discard the garlic and rosemary.
- 3. Grill the steaks. Preheat a grill or grill pan to high heat. Remove the steaks from the dish, discard the rosemary, and place the steaks on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes on both sides for medium rare. Remove from the grill, and allow to rest under loosely fitted aluminum foil for 10 minutes before serving.