Super Chocolate Brownies
- Cooking Time: 30 to 40
- 2 oz Dark (85 % or greater) Chocolate
- 4 oz of semi-sweet chocolate (semi-sweet chocolate chips are fine)
- 1 Stick (1/2 Cup) of unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/4 Brewed coffee
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup of all purpose flour
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler (you can also bring water to a boil in a pot and place glass bowl over top of boiling water) to melt chocolate and butter half way.
- Once mixture is partially melted add coffee and continue melting mixture until smooth and blended.
- Whisk together eggs, vanilla, salt and sugar.
- Add melted chocolate mixture and continue whisking.
- Whisk in flour until just blended (do not over mix) and pour batter into greased (non-stick spray) 8 inch square pan.
- Bake at 325 F for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle of brownies comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, add frosting if desired, and cut into squares to serve.