Super Fudgy Triple Chocolate Espresso Brownies
- Cooking Time: 35 to 40
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso or instant coffee powder
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into quarters
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
- Fold two 12-inch lengths of foil lengthwise so that they measure 7 inches wide.
- Fit one sheet in bottom of greased pan, pushing it into corners and up sides of pan; overhang will help in removal of baked brownies.
- Fit second sheet in pan in same manner, perpendicular to first sheet.
- Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium heat-proof bowl set oven a pan of almost-simmering water, melt chocolates and butter, stirring occasionally until mixture is smooth.
- Whisk in cocoa and espresso powder until incorporated.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt in medium bowl until combined.
- Whisk chocolate mixture into egg mixture; then stir in flour until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, spread into corners and level surface with rubber spatula; bake until slightly puffed and toothpick inserted in center comes out with a small amount of moist batter clinging to it, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours, then remove brownies from pan using foil handles.
- Cut into 1-inch square and serve.
- Do not cut brownies until ready to serve, brownies can be wrapped in plastic and refrigerated up to 5 days.