Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine margarine, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Blend together very well.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt with mixer.
- Chill dough 15 minutes in the refrigerator. Roll into balls by hand.
- Place on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Using a fork, press down the balls and create a criss cross pattern.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven until edges very lightly browning (about 7 to 10 minutes).
- Don't overcook.
- We store them in a plastic storage containers, and they stay soft!
- NOTE: I changed the pb amount from 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup per suggestions in the review comments.