Supreme Strawberry-Licious Cupcakes
- Servings: 24
- *Note: Directions for 18.25 ounce cake mix ONLY! If box is a smaller size just up the egg amount by 1 as directed on the box and use milk in place of the amount of water called for!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box Strawberry Supreme Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) instant vanilla pudding dry mix
- 4 eggs
- 1¾ cups milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (10.6) tub Cool Whip Frosting (found next to Original Cool Whip in freezer section of store)
- fresh strawberries for garnish if desired, remove stems, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners or coat with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, blend cake mix, dry pudding mix, eggs, milk and oil. Beat with mixer until thick, 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into lined or sprayed cupcake pans and fill 1/2-2/3 full.
- Bake according to cake box instructions.
- Cool completely and then frost.
- Garnish with strawberry halves.
My cousin Connie who llives in New Orleans was talking on Facebook about making cupcakes this way but she didn't have a name for them so I gave them a name! She has also mixed and matched different cake flavors and pudding mix flavors! She mentioned using the New Cool Whip Frosting and I tasted a sample of the vanilla and chocolate at the grocery store when they first came out! I really liked them and spending up to $30 on a cake for that type of icing at our local Krogers is now out of the question! Krogers called it "Whippy Dip Icing" and now you can buy the frosting for $2.49 a tub! Sounds good to me and no more ordering cakes from Krogers! The cupcakes were light and airy and DH said fluffy! Duncan Hines has a Strawberry Supreme cake mix and that is what I used! It has bits of strawberry throughout and the frosting is so creamy and whippy! Delicious! The frosting holds up great at room temp!