Sweet and Spicy Pecans
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 1 cup for 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 20
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ⅛ tsp ground red pepper
- Stir together ¼ cup sugar and 1 cup warm water until sugar dissolves.
- Add pecan halves, and soak 10 minutes.
- Drain, discarding sugar mixture.
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar, chili powder and red pepper.
- Add pecans, tossing to coat.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in oven at 350° F for 10 minutes or until pecans are golden brown, stirring once.
- Use in Baby Blue Salad in the Salads Section or just as a healthy snack!