Swiss Apple Pie
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8 servings
- Preparation Time: about 10 minutes
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup tart peeled apple (I used Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I used cashews; didn't have any walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, sugar and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture just until moistened; fold in apples and nuts.
- Transfer to a greased 9-inch pie plate; bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.