TFC aka Toffee Fudge Caramel Cupcakes
- Servings: 18
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 420g self raising flour
- 125g light muscovado sugar
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 90g melted butter
- 420ml hot water
- 50 fudge
- 1.Preheat the oven to 200degrees celsius and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- 2.In a large bowl add the sugar, golden syrup, eggs and melted butter. Then sift in a little of the flour, about 50g and the baking powder and stir.
- 3.Add the hot water and the remaining flour to the mixture and mix well on a low-medium speed with a whisk until all lumps are removed and everything is fully incorporated.
- 4.Divide the mixture between the liners and place a small cube of fudge into the centre of each. Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the centre and comes out clean.
- 5.Allow to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes and then place on a wire rack and allow to cool a further 30 minutes before frosting.
- Caramel Frosting
- 120g butter
- 225g caramel sauce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 450g icing sugar, sifted
- 1.Cream the butter until light and fluffy with a whisk for about 2 minutes.
- 2.To the butter add the caramel sauce, 1 tablespoon milk and vanilla and beat well.
- 3.Gradually add the icing sugar, 125g time, beating well on medium speed.
- 4.Add final tablespoon of milk and beat until light and fluffy and desired consistency has been achieved.
- 5.Pipe onto cake and top with a small cube of fudge.
The sponge is meant to be like sticky toffee pudding, but I decided to take the raisins etc out, after a bad experience in my younger years of eating a sticky toffee pudding with disgusting raisins in and ending up being sick :(. So it was a big no no for the raisins from me! Haha. I then decided to add a piece of fudge into the centre of each, so that when in the oven it melted and went all sticky and yummy and then topped it with caramel buttercream frosting and topped with a little cute cube of fudge hehe :).