Taco Casserole Bake
- 24 Baked Tostitos Scoops
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Oil (I used 2 and then 1 more in the beef mixture)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 (15 oz can) black beans, drained
- 1 cup salsa (I used chunky medium)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, warm the chili oil and sauté onions and garlic until softened. Add ground beef and taco seasoning, break up into pieces and cook until meat is browned. Mix in salsa and beans and cook for a few more minutes until salsa thickens.
- Break up the tortilla chips into bite sized pieces and use them to line the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Evenly spread the meat mixture over the chips and then sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Chili Oil! Where have you been all my life? OMGoodness, chili oil is soooo good! I can see that I am going to buy bottles and bottles of this stuff! As soon as it hit the skillet with the onions, my kitchen and entire house smelled so good and the taste of chili oil is out of this world! It gave the onions a spicy taste but when the dish was served, the spice mingled with everything else and it wasn't overly hot or spicy! I loved the chili oil so much with the onions that I added a tablespoon of it into the entire mixture when it was simmering! Note: I found chili oil in the Asian foods aisle! If you are considering replacing this with regular oil please note the chili oil adds a lot of spice and flavor to this dish, so replacing it will affect the flavor profile! Salsarose (TOH) posted this recipe as a Weight Watchers meal and you can find the recipe for it to be made WW friendly by clicking on the link above! So, I really wanted to try extra salsa and sour cream as a topping when plated but I loved it so much I just put these on the end of the piece and both ways were delicious, with or without! The scoops around the edged stayed crunchy and the scoops inside became soft for a crust! Perfect! My new favorite meal!