- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cups cooked white rice (I used Minute Rice)
- tortilla or corn chips
- your favorite taco toppings - salsa, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, etc
- Brown the meat in a skillet and drain.
- Return the meat to the skillet; add the taco seasoning and water, mix and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce, black beans and rice. Heat in skillet for 5 -10 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve over tortilla or corn chips and top with your favorite taco toppings.
This stuff is delicious! It is one of the new recipes I made on vacation at the beach! My tradition, when on vacation is to make brand new recipes and this was a winner! No leftovers! I topped it with salsa and sour cream but you can top it with more toppings listed below or any others that you may like! I served this with tortilla chips for dipping but we also just ate it as is and both ways were yummy!