- * 1 pound of ground beef
- * 1 packet/envelope of taco seasoning mix
- * 8 ounces of Catalina dressing
- * 4 ounces of water
- * 4 cups of shredded lettuce
- * 1 cup of tomatoes - diced
- * 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- * 1/2 small purple onion - thinly sliced
- In a large frying pan, over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef. Drain and discard excess fat.
- Stir in the Catalina salad dressing. Add 4 ounces of water.
- Bring to boil, and reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Divide salad fixings onto four plates. Top each serving with one quarter of the taco beef mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Adapted from: Big Y