- 1 garlic clove
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tbsp salad oil
- 1 lb.ground round
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1-lb. can tomatoes
- 1/2 cup or more of chopped salad olives
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tblsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup of corn meal
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Brown 1 garlic clove in 1 tbsp salad oil; add 1 chopped onion, cook until soft.
- Stir in 1 lb.ground round, and 1 chopped green pepper.
- Cook 5 minutes then add a 1-lb. can tomatoes, 1/2 cup or more of chopped salad olives, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tblsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp basil and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Spread mixture in casserole.
- Stir a cup of corn meal into 3 cups of boiling water; add 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Cook over low heat, stirring often.
- Cook this in a big pot as it tends to bubble and splatter. When thickened spread corn meal topping over casserole.
- Bake in 375 deg. oven for 25 minutes.