- Cooking Time: 25 mins
- Servings: 4 - 6
- Preparation Time: 4 hours or more
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt (I used plain, fat-free Greek yogurt)
- 1 TB minced ginger, fresh
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TB paprika
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 - 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 - 3 cups hot, cooked basmati rice
- In a zip-lock bag, combine the yogurt, ginger, garlic, paprika, turmeric, curry and cinnamon. Squish it around to mix. Add the chicken. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours...or overnight.
- When you're ready to cook dinner:
- Preheat the oven to 450' F. Line a baking dish with foil. Place a rack on the foil. Spray the rack with canola cooking spray.
- Remove the chicken for the yogurt marinade (toss the marinade in the trash). Place chicken on the prepared rack and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with 1/2 cup of rice. I also roasted some green beans that had been tossed in a little olive oil, garlic powder and paprika. The green beans went in the oven with the chicken on a separate tray.
A great health conscious dinner from Weight Watchers that's just bursting with flavor. Here's a little tip for you. Store your fresh ginger in the freezer. When you're ready to use it, not only does it defrost quickly if needed, but a micro-plainer is perfect for "mincing" ginger. The skin is easily removed with a knife and poof....within seconds you have a mound of snowflake soft ginger