Tangy Lemon Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In 3 quart mixer bowl combine crust ingredients. Mix at medium speed, scraping sides of bowl often, 2 to 3 minutes or until well mixed and particles are fine.
- Pat into ungreased 13x9x2 pan.
- Bake in center of oven for 18 to 22 minutes or until very light brown at edges.
- Meanwhile in same bowl combine eggs, sugar, lemon peel, salt and lemon juice.
- Blend on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Add flour and baking powder; blend well.
- Pour filling over hot crust; return to oven and bake 23 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Glaze when completely cool.