Terry's Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
- Cooking Time: 25 - 30 minutes
- Servings: 24 cupcakes
- Preparation Time: 2 hours
- Terry's Chocolate Orange Cupcake
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tsp. Orange Rind
- 3 Semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 3/4 cup Sour milk
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Chocolate Orange Icing
- 4 cups Icing sugar
- 8oz block Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Cocoa
- 1/4 cup Hard margarine
- 2 tsp. Orange rind
- Cream margarine and sugar in large bowl. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add orange rind. Beat well.
- Head and stir chocolate and sour milk in heavy medium saucepan on medium-low head until chocolate is melted. Mixture will look curdled. Remove from head. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add to margarine mixture in 3 additions, alternating with chocolate mixture in 2 additions, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Line 2 cupcake pans, and fill each cup about half way with batter. They WILL rise significantly.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes; until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Beat all 5 ingredients in medium bowl until smooth.