Thai Chicken Satay w/Peanut Sauce
- bamboo skewer
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To prevent scorching, soak bamboo skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- Trim off any excess fat and tendons from chicken.
- Slice chicken into strips about 3/4 inch wide and thread onto skewers and place
- in a shallow glass dish.
- Mix the soy sauce, honey, and oil, and pour over the chicken, making sure all of the chicken is coated with the marinade.
- Cover dish with plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Sauce: Heat oil in a small pan.
- Add onion flakes and cook over a low heat for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well, and cook until heated through.
- Set aside sauce to await the chicken.
- Drain the chicken (save the marinade).
- Cook chicken over a medium to high heat for about 8 minutes on the grill, turning often and brushing with marinade.
- Serve with the peanut sauce while hot