Thai red curry with chicken
- 14 oz. Can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 Tbl. Red curry paste
- ½ c Fish sauce
- 2 Tbl. sugar
- 1 lb. Chicken breast, cut into 1” slices
- 5-8 kaffir lime leaves
- ¼ c fresh basil leaves
- Shake the can of coconut milk well and pour ½ of the
- can of into the pan and bring to a boil; add curry paste
- and stir until well blended.
- Turn down heat to medium, and add fish sauce and
- sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the chicken and bring to a slow boil. Continue to simmer until chicken is done. (Approx. 8 minutes)
- Add remaining coconut milk and lime leaves and heat through.
- Garnish with basil just before serving