The Cheesecake Factory Key Lime Cheesecake
- Cooking Time: 1 3/4 hrs
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 40 mins
- * 1¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- * 5 tbsp butter, melted
- * 1 cup sugar
- * 3 x 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- * 1 tspn vanilla
- * ½ cup fresh lime juice, about 5 limes worth (If using key limes or juice, use half as much)
- * 3 eggs
- * whipped cream
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2. Combine crumbs, butter and 1 tbsp sugar in a bowl. Stir well to coat all crumbs. Keep it crumbly.
- 3. When the crumb mixture seems ready, press the crumbs onto the bottom and half way up the sides of an 8" springform pan. Then, place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside. Do not turn off the oven.
- 4. In large bowl combine the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla. Mix with electric mixer until smooth. Add the lime juice and eggs and continue to beat till smooth and creamy. Once ready, pour filling into crust.
- 5. Place the pie in the oven and bake for 60 to 70 minutes. If top is turning light brown, then the pie is done. Remove from the oven and allow to cool until room temperature. Then, put the pie into the refrigerator to chill. Once chilled, remove the pan sides and cut. Serve with whipped cream.