Three Garlic Pasta
- Servings: 4
- 1 head plus 8 cloves garlic
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese, for grating
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wrap garlic head in foil, or place in garlic roaster; roast until soft and golden, about 1 hour. Let cool, trim tip of head; squeeze out cloves, using back of knife. Transfer to small bowl; set aside.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, and run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Thinly slice five cloves of unroasted garlic. Finely chop remaining three cloves. Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add sliced garlic; toast until golden and crisp. Remove garlic with slotted spoon; set aside. Add chopped garlic; saute until translucent, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add roasted garlic and white wine; let simmer about 3 minutes. Add pasta, parsley, red pepper, and salt and pepper to taste; toss. Serve sprinkled with toasted garlic slivers. Grate Parmesan over each serving.