Toasted Coconut Wafers
- 1 C butter, softened
- 1 1/4 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 1 C shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 1/2 C shredded coconut
- Beat butter with electric mixer.
- Add powdered sugar, almond and salt.
- Mix until combined. Beat in egg yolk. Mix in flour. Then stir in toasted coconut.
- Divide dough in half and shape each half into and 8-inch roll.
- Brush with egg white and roll in coconut.
- Wrap rolls in plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Cut rolls into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes; transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Next time I make these, I think I'll omit the egg whites & roll in coconut and bake as is. Then dip them in dark chocolate and shredded coconut. =)