Tofu Cream Cheese
- One 19-ounce package silken tofu, well drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brewer's yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon umeboshi plum vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lecithin granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, or mash the ingredients in a medium-size bowl with a whisk or fork.
- Tofu Cream Cheese will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Makes 2 cups
- To get the book go to: http://www.econetwork.net/~wildmansteve/Books.Folder/Wild%20Vegetarian%20Folder/Wild%20Vegetarian.html
- You must SAVE this recipe
Tofu Cream Cheese on Crackers, Sprinkled With Black Pepper, Served With Mesclun Salad From THE WILD VEGETARIAN COOKBOOK: "This is the first mock cheese I ever created. I originally used it as a spread and then discovered it works as a cheese sauce (thickened with kudzu or arrowroot if desired) in cooked dishes. You can also use it in place of cream cheese, as a spread, and as an ingredient in other recipes."